RETAIL AUTOMOTIVE, USED VEHICLE SALES PERFORMANCE PROGRAMME
Business Driver engaged by Dekra Automotive to recommend and assist improvements in used vehicle sales and profitability. Many dealers in the franchise were underachieving in terms of volume and profitability. Sales processes had not adapted for many years and innovation was sought and required. The programme engaged with PSA Citroen and Peugeot dealerships in Buckinghamshire, London and Essex. Examples of processes, activity and results achieved.
Our experience has provided us with insight as to the key challenges faced by the automotive dealers, by overcoming these Business Driver assisted its client to achieve:
- IMPROVED CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
- HIGHER STOCK TURN
- HIGHER OPPORTUNITY TO UPSELL
- MORE DIVERSE AND DETAILED DATABASE
- GREATER CUSTOMER RETENTION
- We're not receptive to the programme
- Brough in a new manager, that was the extent of immediate change available
- Used Car enquiries / vonversion: 1 in 6
- Stock Turn / over age: 38%
- Used Car enquiries / conversion: 1 in 3
- Stock Turn / over age: 15%
- PPU: 1785
Started the journey with no methodology. Adopted an approach using Autotrader i-Control tools. Stock yurn, profitability and sales all improved dramatically.
Very limited used car space, it needs to be managed well to generate profit. No approach to marketing. Out of line with latest customer journey.
- Business Owner and DP fully engaged
- Receptive to change
- Acted upon recommendations
- Used Car enquiries / conversion: 73/29%
- Stock Turn: 20
- PPU: £524.57
- Used Car enquiries / conversion: 151/49%
- Stock Turn: 8
- PPU: £821.80
Best ever Used Car performance month since inception of the business 16 years ago. More robust sales process implemented with Sales Manager.
They have liquidated/sold overaged and misaligned stock.
The Sales Manager was customer shy and needed to be asisted to manage the sales process and stock purchase/control.
- Full and complete engagement with the programme from all management required at various dealerships
- Encountered passionate, enthusiasm and requirement for change from several dealerships
- Those that engaged were prepared to Invest significant capital to realign used stock profile
- Ensured correct staff were deployed in correct locations
- Sales Management in general were not being performance managed
- Implemented processes to ensure the correct stock purchased at the right price
- Open minded and receptive senior management that trust the process and the people delivering it, delivered positive change
- Negative attitudes proved to not be non-receptive to assistance. Performance remained static at these sites
- Sportif as an example of positive impact had their best month ever in 16 years within the Used Car environment following programme roll out